2011/09/04

Ready to go

Well, my flight leaves tomorrow at 1:30pm, and I have just finished up packing everything and am pretty ready to go. I don't think it has fully hit me that I am going to be gone for 5 months in Japan, but I'm sure it will once I get on the plane or arrive at the university and the 13 hour time difference.

The flight is looking to be about 14 hours long so luckily I have prepared for this.



I have  Asus ep121 tablet, an awesome gift from my Dad to use on the trip. My DSiXl, luckily the two other people coming on this flight for the exchange program are also bringing their DS's so we're going to be doing some multiplayer games throughout the flight, like Ragnarok and Echos of Time. Also I found this book at a Borders going out of business near me, it is about how video games have directly influenced the last 50 years of culture. Hopefully this will all be enough to entertain me during this 14 hour trip. On the flight Alex and me will be sitting next to each other, while Stephanie will be on standby for this flight, so its possible she will be near us as well.

I will probably post on this blog sometime during the flight since we will have wi-fi, so look forward to my bored, possibly sleepy ramblings

3 comments:

  1. Brett:

    Really cool BLOG. Best of luck on this great adventure you are undertaking. I know how hard you've worked to get to this point. You make us all so very proud. You are the son I always wanted so go knock 'em dead in Tokyo - learn much and grow from the experience.

    Much love,
    dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! It's Brianna from your Japanese class :P anywhoodly, that looks like it should tide you over til you hit Japan, but if it doesn't, they had some pretty decent movies when I made the flight, so there's always that! OOOOO and tetris on the in flight games, too, lol XD XD I can play that for FOREVER.... XD

    In any case, ganbatte! XD ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe journeys, my unruly kouhai! Keep an eye out for the traveling lemon and other brilliant things. And I fully expect you to be able to carry on conversations with me during class that the others won't understand by the time you get back in town. :D

    --iffer

    ReplyDelete