2011/11/17

Quick update

I have finally finished with all my tests this past week, Kanji, Grammar, Speech class, and another larger Kanji test. It wasn't to bad, but haven't really had much time to do anything really interesting these last 2 weeks.

One major thing has happened here though. Originally I was going to only be living here for 5 months, September till January. This has recently changed thanks to Alec, one of the other students from GSU that's here. He set into motion him and me attending another semester here at Soka University. So, I will still be returning to America in February, but at the end of March, will be flying back to Japan for the spring semester after a 7 week break, hopefuly where I will be able to go and see family and others, but unfortunately it will be during the school semester so it might be difficult. This will last from beginning of April until the end of July. Then I return in August and take another semester at GSU and will be able to graduate. My main reason for doing this was because GSU has recently been severely lacking in Japanese Studies courses, aside from the languages, so this will allow me to graduate substantially faster than if I took more classes at GSU. After that I will look at Graduate Schools for some graduate degree that related to international things with Asia probably. Like business or foreign policy, but haven't really decide what subject yet. I'm going to wait until Chrisite(girlfriend) has gotten into one of the Med Schools she applied to, and probably pick a college around where she goes. Hopefully it will all work out in the end.

Other than that nothing major has happened, but soon will be doing some fun things. This weekend a group of us are going to Takao-san, a pretty big mountain near by, and climbing it. Then next week I have multiple things I might do. Wednesday is a holiday, its the Japanese equivalent of labor day, so will probably go somewhere that day. Then that weekend I have a couple options. There is a large toy festival going on in Akihabara, showing off a lot of the new toys and stuff coming out for Christmas and the 1st quarter of 2012, there is a group of people going to Fuji-Q one of Japan's largest amusement parks full of roller coasters and the worlds 2nd largest haunted house, or I can go with a group of people from the CPP club to a local park for a large group lunch. I am currently leaning towards one of the first 2 options since my CPP partner isn't going to the park lunch. But will have to wait and see untill then.

No comments:

Post a Comment